By Sheridan Tax & Bookkeeping
Stress is the body’s way of coping with threat or danger. It’s meant to help us, not harm us. Most stress is in the mind (anger, worry, hostility). Some of us can control our emotional reaction to stressors, but the rest of us must engage in a regular program ofphysical activity to keep our blood pressure, metabolism, heart rate etc. in line. Walking is ideal, and here are five suggestions to keep you on track.
- Exercise on a regular basis, at least once per day even if it’s just walking for a half hour.
- Walking, most of us can do easily. If you run 6 miles as fast as you can you only burn about 20% more calories if walked those 6 miles
- If it’s impossible to build a walking routine at least 30 minutes a day, break it down. Park in the end of a parking lot, take the stairs etc.
- Get a walking buddy; it’s easier to stick with a routine if there if someone to keep you accountable.
- Walk every day, rain or shine. If the weathers bad walk inside somewhere. The littlest bit can help cope with day to day stress.
Live in the Tampa area and want to find out more about me...CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE