Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Don’t waste time wondering where you put it.
People with excellent memories can still be absentminded. Absentmindedness is simply inattention. If the mind is absent when you are doing something, how can you expect to remember it? Consequently, people forget where they set their glasses because they were preoccupied with other thoughts at the time. Your mind cannot focus on more than one thing at a time. So if you want to cure absentmindedness, follow these five suggestions:
1. Get organized. Plan your day in advance and don’t run in three different directions at once. Make it a habit to write things down and schedule a time for the important tasks.
2. Think about what you are doing at the time. Tell yourself aloud what you are doing. Your mind remembers the sound of your own voice. For instance, “I’m filing the insurance papers with the legal documents.”
3. Make sure that what you are doing makes sense. Example: “I am putting my safety glasses in the bottom cabinet because that’s where the other personal protective equipment is stored.”
4. Remind yourself afterwards what you have done. Repetition increases the power of recall.
5. Don’t be negative. Never make disparaging remarks about yourself, such as “I’m always forgetting.” Instead, make up your mind that your power of recall will improve. A positive attitude yields positive results.
Live in the Tampa area and want to find out more about me...CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE