There has been so much written and taught on the powerful technique of focus that it's easy to lose sight of balance. Concentrating all your time, talents and energy on one activity will make you one of the top people in the country in that particular area. But you can't be tops at everything! You have to make a decision whether you will be the best at one thing or good at everything.
Balance is the process of working at all areas of your life; work, family, social, personal, spiritual. You can be a good parent, spouse, friend, boss, and have a healthy outlook, healthy body and healthy mind. A balanced life allows us to enjoy all areas of our lives, giving us a sense of satisfaction and peace of mind.
Here are five ways to achieve balance in your life.
- Develop an optimistic attitudes and a sense of humor so you will readily accept and adapt to change and react favorably in stressful situations.
- Improve your support systems. Nurture friendships, build relationships and participate in social events.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle. Exercise regularly, improve nutritional intake, improve rest habits; reduce body weight and get a complete physical examination on a regular basis.
- Look at personal development programs that address all aspects of your life. Time management training should not be limited to time on the job, but time away from the office as well.
- Set personal goals as well as business goals, involve family members, and schedule time for social, family and spiritual activities, not just career-related activities.
Live in the Tampa area and want to find out more about me...CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE